Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Wedding Cake Worth Mentioning

We started our Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste class yesterday, and basically I came out feeling completely overwhelmed. Fondant is nothing like frosting. Frosting is tasty. Frosting is free flowing. Frosting is fun. Fondant is just confusing. Sure, it makes cool looking cakes, but it seems like a whole lot of work. Then again, I'm always up for a challenge. Fondant could be fun, and I've seen some pretty decked out fondant covered cakes. I think that this class will stretch my creative capacity, but by doing so I will definitely love it. Maybe fondant can even be fun.

Today I was surfing my usual blogs and came across a fondant covered cake that I just had to post--I have never seen anything like it. Just as a note, yes, it IS a wedding cake. While I probably would not have gone so far as to have such a thing at my own wedding, I definitely would want something more creative than five tiers of flowers like every other wedding. This cake certainly gets points for originality; and come on, who can resist a smile when reminiscing the good old days of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/03/sunday-sweets-tuning-in-for-80s.html

What should I put on MY wedding cake? (don't worry, I've got a good 10 years or so to decide. ;) )

No comments: