Monday, March 23, 2009

My First Fondant Cake!

Okay, it's not the most amazing thing ever--though personally I think it's pretty gosh darn cute--but after some serious stress and more trial and error than I wish to admit, I finally produced my first ever fondant covered cake. It wasn't as smooth or as perfect as I perhaps would have hoped--I messed up on the first try, resulting in multiple holes in the poor cake, and patching them with icing wasn't the best method of repair--but it was worth the experience. I made my own marshmallow fondant, so not only was it edible, but it actually tasted good, unlike that store-bought crap--believe me, it was delicious. :)


This week I attempt my final project--my last creation before surgery!--which will not only include a fondant covered cake, but fondant flowers and other fun techniques--wish me luck!

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

will you come up and make the twins birthday cake??? Please...you know you want to!!

Kellianne said...

Of course I want to! That would be so much fun!!!!!!!!!!