Friday, March 20, 2009

Springtime is Upon Us

♫ Springtime is upon us. ♪
♪ The birds celebrate her return with festive song, ♫
♫ and murmuring streams are softly caressed by the breezes. ♪
♪ Thunderstorms, those heralds of Spring, roar, casting their dark mantle over heaven, ♫
♫ Then they die away to silence, and the birds take up their charming songs once more. ♪
--
Vivaldi

I refuse to believe that a storm is coming--I'm in denial. I don't care what the weather reports say, or that General Conference is coming up; I have waited eons for this day to come, and I'm not going to let some silly storm take it away from me. I'm counting on sunshine and clear skies from here on out. Spring is just a happy time. I like being happy. Let's have lots of Spring.

In honor of Spring, I made Springtime sugar cookies. I know that my family thought I was being rather silly being so concerned about something as trivial as sugar cookies, but if something makes you smile, you take it. So my life is so simple that making sugar cookies is the highlight of my week, so sue me. At least I can find something to smile about, which is more than some people can say. Some days smiles allude me, so on the days that I can catch one, I try to take advantage.

2 comments:

Kar said...

Oh. My. Gosh. The mushrooms, the strawberries, perfection. Loved this post.

Emily Snow Davis said...

Those are darling! And cookies make me smile too :)