Monday, January 24, 2011

A Little Modernity

We had a few minutes after the Bloomsbury Walk, so we stopped in at the Tate Modern--much more briefly than I would have liked--but found some pretty cool things. People tend to make fun of Modern Art, and let's be honest, it's easy to make fun of if you don't understand it--but at the same time, it can also be pretty dang awesome and amazing.

Like Lichenstein's Whaam!--One of my favorites!
Umberto Boccioni:
I was so glad that I found the Andy Warhol room--AWESOME.



Henri Matisse:
Fernand Leger:
And another favorite (how do I suddenly have so many favorite Modern Artworks? Who likes Modern Art anyway? apparently I do...), Auguste Rodin, The Kiss, featuring the infamous lovers Paolo Malatesta and Francesca da Rimini from Dante's Inferno.



Yay for art!--even Modern Art. ;)

No comments: