Saturday, January 8, 2011

Almost an Auntie

I'm almost an official aunt! Just a few more weeks before my little niece is born, and I'm not sure I've ever been this excited--the only bummer is that Carolyn and Daniel live out in Michigan... so I need to get a job and get some money so that I can visit them! Any suggestions? I'm kind of broke at the moment... oh well, somehow things always work out, right?

On the wonderfully BRIGHT bright side, Carolyn and Daniel spent Christmas with us! It was by far the best Christmas yet, and I am already missing them (and so is Guy--he doesn't quite know what to do with himself).
It was pretty awesome--I finished the scarf I started after my surgery (finally! I got frustrated with a knot, and with not being able to see and all, so I kind of quit on it last year... but Carolyn helped me relearn and get it done!), I learned to crochet, we made loads of treats, watched movies, and got to spend time with my favorite sister. <3>

So the day before Carolyn went home I threw her a baby shower. Disclaimer: I've never been to a baby shower before, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I ended up being quite pleased with the whole deal. I even made cake bites and everything (and I'm pretty darn sure I gained at least 10 pounds from them!).



We even had all three grandmas come! Grandma Carolyn (on the right of sister Carolyn),
Grandma Donna (left), and Grandma Marva. We love family!
She got a few things...
Yay for Carolyn and Daniel!!! <3

1 comment:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

And there you go again with the beautiful sweets! You're so wonderful! AND you're going to be and Aunty soon!!!! HOORAY!!