Sunday, April 12, 2009

Little Purple Pansies

Little purple pansies touched with yellow gold,
Growing in the corner of my garden old;
We are very tiny but we try, try, try
Just one spot to gladden, you and I.

I love little purple pansies; they are so adorable, with their little funny faces always looking up at you. I have always loved them, ever since I was a little girl and my Grandpa Karl would sing that song to me. Whenever I see them, I think of him, of the beautiful flowers, and of Spring, and well, everything about them just makes me happy! So, in the spirit of Easter and the BEAUtiful! sunshine that we are having today (yay!), I decided to make a cake, and today's cake would be covered with little spots of sunshine--just something more to gladden you and I, well, at least I anyway. ;)


(The pansies really are purple, the flash from the camera makes them look blue.)

No comments: