Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big Bro and Big Sis

Sibling rivalry... it's just a natural state of being that occurs when you're only 19 months apart. It's not that you don't like each other, it's just that you're a little too close for comfort, you know? You spend your early years fighting, but then this miraculous thing happens and all of the sudden the fighting stops and you're the best of friends. You wonder why the heck it took so long, why you were always competing with one another, and why the heck your sister and new brother are trying to leave you! (okay, tangent for another time, haha). Why couldn't you just be proud and love each other? Well, this week I was definitely proud of my big sis, and my big brother for that matter. I'm always proud of them, what's not to be proud of? They are the next generation of geniuses afterall. So graduation came and went, and here's what's going down: Carolyn graduated in Dietics and is headed off to a medical internship this fall, which should be pretty interesting, while Daniel graduated in Physics and Computer Science, and will be researching at the University of Michigan, working towards his PhD (told you they were smart). Wish them luck!

(and of course, I'm cut off here....)


3 comments:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Jeez! You weren't kidding about the genius thing!! How great for them!! And how great of you to be so supportive. I am VERY selfish when it comes to my siblings. I would be ticked if they left me, and probably throw a tantrum.Sad to admit it. But on a happier note, your momma is looking FABULOUS!! How cute is she!? And she most definitely passed on the goods to her daughters!

Jeanmarie said...

I am so excited for Carolyn and Daniel...The only thing I'm not excited about is them moving away! We are going to miss them terribly! What an adventure that lie ahead!

Jeanmarie said...

Oh and YES...It wouldn't be a family picture without Kellianne being cutoff! Olin got a chuckle out of that one!