Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Creativity

Creativity is something that has been a part of me from day one. I LOVE to be creative, I just love creating things. Heck, I even got an awesome scholarship for being creative (and if you don't know what that is, click here, but shame on you). I've struggled trying to figure out what I am supposed to do with my life, but when it all comes down to it, there are two requirements: I want it to allow creativity, and I want to help people. Is that really so much to ask? Sometimes I wonder if that is too lofty of a goal, but today I think not. Thanks to LDS GEMS, NIE NIE, and YOUTUBE, I found this little beauty:





To be able to create now and for eternity? Like, think about it, this is our purpose and destiny? How cool is that?! I guess I never thought of it that way. These silly little hobbies of mine, well, turns out they aren't so silly after all. Who knew. In the words of Henry David Thoreau, "The world is but a canvas to the imagination." With all this in mind, I suppose my goal is that we all expand ourselves just a little more. I've noticed that over the past little while I have trapped myself in a box, and my creativity is poorly suffering. I wanted the "fun college life" and somewhere along the way lost myself, lost something that made me really me. I tried so hard to be the best, to be like my role models, but I forgot to try to be like me. Funny how that works. Now I am sick and back to the very basics of life--JUST ME, plain and simple. It's quite an eye-opening experience. My point is, just let go, be yourself, and let your creativity run wild; who knows where you'll end up, and that's what makes life so exciting! Just do your own thing, and love it. That's the real secret to life.

1 comment:

Jeanmarie said...

It is the simple things in life that are the most enjoyable...Being "simple" is the best...You are the BEST...I LOVE YOU!