Once upon a time I somehow ended up with a garbage bag full of ties... being female, what do I do with all these ties? I mean, you can only wear one at a time, right? WRONG! I figured--what the heck? Why not wear ALL of the ties--besides, they all were so wonderfully coordinated together, I just couldn't separate them--thus, came one of my FAVORITE outfits of all time!
I always wanted a skirt made of ties--and now I finally have one! It's so much fun to wear--for some reason, wearing that many ties at once makes me feel all business-like and sophisticated, yet surprisingly flirty and feminine... not sure how neckties accomplish such a feat, but somehow it works.
But of course, being me, I couldn't just leave it at a skirt--I had to add a few accessories. First, the tie wrist-band watch:
and my personal favorite--the neck-tie messenger bag!
So much fun! I just love ties--I still have a few more, maybe I'll come up with something fun to use them for. A ridiculously good-looking male friend of mine asked if I could make him a suit out of ties--how awesome would that be?! I never thought of such things, but now I'm envisioning all sorts of ideas, and it's rather tempting to try it out--I just love the idea of repurposing--there is no end to the creativity!
So, in the spirit of creativity on a budget, here's the breakdown:
- Shirt: Old Navy clearance rack
- Necklace: made by my cousin
- Earrings: Rue 21 clearance rack, $1
- Ring: Shopko clearance, 75 cents
- Watch: Repurposed watch head and neck-tie band
- Shoes: Payless clearance (and unfortunately these ones were NOT the best idea--cheap comes at a cost when the adorable-have-to-have-a-pair-of-bright-red-pumps only come in a shoe size two sizes too small... my feet may forgive me one day)
- Nylons: ebay
- Neck-tie messenger bag: Made by my amazing TinkerMama, gifted to me for Christmas
- And of course, the awesome skirt: Made by me!
The shoes may have been painful for me, but Vera was sure enjoying them as a pillow--the things my little Yorkies use to take a nap...