Thursday, December 31, 2009

If today was your last day--what would YOU do?

As the last day of 2009 is coming to an end I heard this song on the radio, and it got me thinking: in a way, this is our last day--our last day of this year. What is it that I've done this year? What have I accomplished? Who have I helped? Personally I feel extremely accomplished and proud of this past year, but as always there is room for improvement. One of my goals for 2010 is to live truly live each day as if it were the only one I had--to taste each moment, to really love and be loved and most of all to let go of my fears and anything else that has held me back. What if today really was the last day we had? What would you do? and better yet, since chances are it isn't our last day quite yet, think of all you would do in that one day, and imagine how many days you still have to do even MORE--"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." (President Hinckley) I'm not a big fan of "new year's resolutions" per say, but it never hurts to be continually setting new goals and striving to reach new heights in life. We can always do better--and as I believe, there is always more happiness to be discovered. :)



Not to mention that I am totally loving Chad Kroeger right now--maybe it's that voice--LOVE IT. <3

1 comment:

astraliving said...

Hi, Happy New Year. If it was my last day I suppose I will meditate the whole day through? Not sure. Lol. :)