Friday, October 2, 2009

What Matters Most

Life's not fair----then you die.

Life's rough more often than not; I've had a nasty year in many ways--much of it to my own credit--and for a while there things all the sudden were bright; the sun came out, and I was so beyond happy. Then life got tough again, and the past two weeks have well, basically sucked. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself when my dear Aunt Jeanmarie (thank you!!!!) sent me this video, and it has really helped to put things into perspective--take a second to watch it, it's really worth the time if you take it to heart:




“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey … delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” --President Gordon B. Hinckley

I'm going to try to enjoy it. :)

1 comment:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Here here!! I have that tile palque in my room too. It's a helpful reminder when I'm feeling particularly lonely, depressed, and life doesn't seem to go anywhere but down. Thanks Kellyroonie!