Sunday, October 11, 2009

Slow down, Embrace Life, and Enjoy Time Spent with Loved Ones

Stephanie and Christian Nielson

I couldn't help but re-post one of Stephanie Nielson's latest entries from the NieNieDialogues. If you haven't heard her story yet, it's about time to get on the band wagon! ---> this is one amazing woman (and you certainly can't forget that Mr. Darcy husband of hers--gotta get me one of those someday). Stephanie lived just down the street from me growing up (her parents still live there), and I remember loving her and her family. When I heard about the accident, I was told that she wasn't going to make it--how could she?--but here she is, just over a year later; and on Oprah to boot! ;)



(photo: harpo)
Post Oprah show discussion has now begun.
Here is what I think:

1. I look kind of like a lion with my ruffly J.Crew ensemble.

2. My lips are really quite big.

3. Oprah had a silver straw in her water...I had only plastic.

4. Oprah smelled really good.

5. Oprah had on some serious high heeled shoes...Jimmy Choos to be exact.
I asked her if I could have them. Maybe next time?

6. Oprah called me "Steph" and hugged me three times. S
he is, I might add, very genuine.

7. Courtney was really funny on the show.
8. I talked to Mike Tyson's mother-in-law in the elevator in Chicago

9. I had my hair round brushed and blow-dried in the greenroom.
I was scared, (i don't even own a blow-dryer)but it turned out nice.

10. I tried paying Mr. Nielson to jump on the couch expressing his love for me. But apparently, the family pool didn't come up with enough bones to pay him

Maybe next time.


Thanks Oprah for the experience!

Check out her story here, and watch here interview here--both definitely worth the time in my opinion.


Makes you rethink life just a bit.

No comments: