Monday, August 13, 2012

What I Wore: Czech Inspirations

When I was little, my Grandparents went on an LDS Mission to the Czech Republic (at that time I think it was actually still Czechoslovakia). My Grandma brought us back these awesome buttons, but what to do with them? It was many years before I remembered I had them (I tend to put things in a "safe place," but then sadly forget where that safe place was). By that time I had acquired some pretty awesome corduroy fabric, and was excited to find that the buttons went perfectly with it:


So I put two and two together to make one of my FAVORITE jackets (tailored, mandarin collar, unique fabric and lots of color) and here is the final product! :)



and I was doubly excited to find that my BohoChic Eastern Inspired Earrings matched the ensemble as well!

2 comments:

Katie Houston said...

SO COOL!!

Kaitlin Heckert said...

That looks fabulous!! Nicely done Kelliroon, and I love that the buttons are sentimental. No wonder it's your favorite.