Saturday, April 2, 2011

Haute Zipper Necklace 1

At our conference last month we took a class on zippers--they use zippers in everything these days!--but the best part was that it was a hands-on class, so we got to make our own! These necklaces are completely made of zippers--time consuming, but totally worth it.


Look at those tiny yoyos! I couldn't believe that TinkerMama (that's my mom--one amazing lady) took the time and serious patience to make them--my necklace (#2) didn't have that luxury I'm afraid--but hers turned out so beautifully!

And you've gotta love the Swarovski crystals--just adds that perfect extra touch.



Just beautiful! Check out the next post for TinkerAnnieBelle's version of the Haute Zipper Necklace.

4/11/11 Post Edit: This week I am linking to the Spring has Sprung Party over at Craftaholics Anonymous--check it out!

This project FEATURED at Reasons to Skip Housework!

11 comments:

madison avenue said...

those flowers look really good! i have never been talented enough to be able to do that! haha. thanks for linking it up!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

WOAH! what a statement necklace!so cool!

S: I'm doing a giveaway on my blog for $20 to my etsy shop, so if you like pretty jewelry you should come enter!! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-spring-fling-giveaway.html

MN MONA said...

OMG I sew and I make yoyo's. Thank you for the cute idea!! I hope I can make my zipper flowers look as nice as yours.

Jen said...

What a fun necklace. thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday.

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

How creative is this?!? Zippers are all the "rage" these days... haha! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!

Jami said...

Your zipper flowers are gorgeous! I hope you stop by the Tuesday To Do party and share them!

http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-to-do-5-and-4-list-makers.html

Smiles!
Jami

The Crypto-Capers Series said...

Very unique and pretty. I never wouls have thought about doing something like that. Love it. I am following you through the hop. http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
www.reneeahand.com
Thanks
Renee

Jaderbomb said...

Hey girl!! Thanks for linking up to my party!!!! I love this craft!!! SO CUTE!!!

Marilyn said...

Awesome blog.. Linking up from the last boost my blog Friday.. I love your posts.. I'm Marilyn from next door at http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/ - hope you can stop by sometime.. TY *Officially following ya*

Sarah @ Sarahndipities said...

Love this! Thanks so much for linking up at Make Something Something Mondays! I'm excited to see what you've done this week!!

~ Sarah

Melanie said...

I featured you on my blog today!

http://reasonstoskipthehousework.blogspot.com/2011/04/gotta-love-inspiration_25.html

Smiles,
Melanie
Reasons To Skip The Housework
Tuesday Time Out Link Up Party
Link up Your Weekly Parties Here