Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rocky


If you haven't and have the time, I suggest watching the ROCKY series. I never was a fan; never understood the hype. However, with some coercion from my brothers, I have successfully made it through all six of the movies, and I must say, I was quite impressed. Here's a random fact that I found quite interesting: It took only $1.1 million to make the original Rocky, filmed in just 28 days--made over $100 million, won 3 Oscars, including Best Picture. Go figure. Besides, who doesn't get pumped when you hear that Rocky music???

Favorite quotes:

Mickey: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!

Mickey: Your nose is broken.
Rocky: How does it look?
Mickey: Ah, it's an improvement.

Rocky Balboa: [looking at Thunderlips] Wow, he's awful big. Hey, Mick, how much do you think he eats?
Mickey: About 202 pounds.
LeRoy Neiman: Weighing in at 202 pounds...

Rocky Balboa: I was wonderin' if, uh, you wouldn't mind marryin' me very much.

And a lesson on life:

Rocky Balboa: Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

1 comment:

Kaitlin Heckert said...

ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY!!! I never got the big deal either unil I moved out here to San Francisco and I was ALLLL alone for Thanksgiving weekend. It was on T.V. so I decided "Eh. Whatever. I'll take what I can get." And I fell in looooooove!!! He is the cutest! And isn't his relationship with Adriane just so adorable!!? K, I'm gushing I know, I'm sure it's just because I watched it at the right time. But I'm glad you finally watched it!