Monday, April 5, 2010

love doesn't give up


I'm too tired and have no time to blog these days--the next two weeks are basically Hell, so don't take it personally if I don't talk to you for a while. Too much time and not enough to do--or something like that, right? :P Anyway... in my few minutes of brainless internet time before bed I came across Elein's amazing blog--by the way Elein, you always say just what I need to hear at that very moment I need it most, for sure. Elein Dodge is seriously one of the many wonderful tender mercies in my life. Since I don't have time to come up with my own original thoughts, enjoy hers instead:

“When I’m tempted to do something that feels like giving up, I won’t … because love doesn’t give up (I Corinthians, 13). But, lest I push love aside, I will make sure that what I’m holding on to can coexist with love.” ~ Jan Denise

People are important. Never give up on them. I learned that this weekend. It was mostly about family members and ourselves but I think it can be extended. It’s true, we should never give up on family. We should never give up on ourselves and slip into oblivion’s misery. We shouldn’t give up on people who make us happy. We shouldn’t give up on people who obviously need our influence in their lives. Relationships can get really hard. Relationships take a lot to maintain and they can be draining. But, never give up on those relationships that you treasure. Love yourself, love your family, and love your fellowmen. (http://yourbiggestfan30.wordpress.com/)

AMEN.

No comments: