Thursday, March 11, 2010

stop fighting


“Stay at home in your mind. Don’t recite other people’s opinions. I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is important to form your own opinion. Today, on my way home, it started to precipitate. I couldn’t decide what it was, so I asked the cute guy at the intersection if he thought it was snow. He said, “Yes. It looks that way.” I didn’t buy it. I wasn’t sure still. So, I extended my arms and walked around like a robot stuck in rock-em sock-em motion to see what the precipitation landing in my arms were like. I’ve decided that it was hail. The point is, we don’t always have all the facts. When we don’t, it’s easy to get swayed by other people’s opinions (because most people have some opinion on everything). Gather your own facts and make your own decisions. It’ll most definitely be a happier trip for you and others who might be the subject of your fact finding (And…I may or may not be secretly in love with everything Ralph Waldo Emerson says. No, I don’t mimic him. Okay thanks).

(http://yourbiggestfan30.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/“stay-at-home-in-your-mind-dont-recite-other-peoples-opinions-i-hate-quotations-tell-me-what-you-know-”-ralph-waldo-emerson/#comment-20)

Amen to Elein--LOVE YOU--all I've got is a huge resounding freakin' AMEN to that! I'm tired of others relying on someone else's words--most especially when those words totally don't portray their beliefs--why go against your own beliefs? your own feelings? who you TRULY are. It's not always easy, but when you turn to God He will show you who you really are, and even better, who you can really be. :)

Be yourself--that's who we love. <3

No comments: