Thursday, October 2, 2008

M&Ms and Brownies

Thomas Moore said, "To the soul, there is hardly anything more healing than friendship." I couldn't agree more. I was having a terrible few days, lost, alone, and depressed. Having a large amount of pride and stubbornness, I refused to go to anyone for help or to even tell anyone I was having a hard time. One day I came home from a ridiculously long day of work and school to find a plate of chocolaty goodness smiling at me from the kitchen table. On top was a small note from a girl I had met not more than a week before, letting me know how much she cared. She showed me the true value of friendship, and helped me to get through a particularly difficult time in life. It doesn't take a lot to change a life for the better; for me it just took a brownie mix a few M&Ms, and the love of a friend. To Pasha, thank you for helping to heal my heart!

No comments: